Pharmacist Account Manager
Pharmacist Account Manager
Home/Field Based (with travel to client locations)
FDB (First Databank) is the leading provider of drug knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide and four decades of experience, FDB enables our developer partners to deliver actionable solutions that help improve patient safety, quality, and healthcare outcomes.
Following on from the incredible success of OptimiseRx, a service supporting medicine optimisation at the point of care, we are poised to launch our latest solution into the NHS, AnalyseRx. This is a new solution to enable proactive, well-governed, ongoing medicine management and optimisation across the patient population.
We are now looking for a Pharmacist Account Manager to increase awareness and engagement with our new solution service throughout a selected region in either the North or South of England and Wales.
- Competitive salary
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Healthshield flexible health cash-back scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days' holiday per annum plus statutory holidays
- Flexible options for employees to purchase up to five additional days’ holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contribute to software that is making a real difference to global healthcare
This is the ideal role for a qualified, GPhC registered pharmacist with experience of selling or delivering services within the NHS to advance their career and skillset.
You will have the chance to play an integral role to the success of our new service, gaining a wealth of experience in this hands-on position.
So, if you want to join an organisation that will support your professional development and enable you to help us lead positive change in healthcare, this is the role for you.
As a Pharmacist Account Manager, you will develop and deliver AnalyseRx and OptimiseRx services, driving customer adoption and maximising revenue throughout your region.
Travelling to client locations, you will liaise with both new and established customers to ensure our solutions are showcased and customer needs are met.
Your role will also involve:
- Gaining a rapid and thorough understanding of our AnalyseRx and OptimiseRx solutions
- Managing, retaining and growing a portfolio of customer accounts for OptimiseRx
- Developing and delivering high-quality product improvements
- Identifying new value and product improvement opportunities
- Increasing customer usage, releasing additional value solutions
- Ensuring rapid value and return on investment for AnalyseRx customers
- Delivering both licence and services revenue to meet targets
To join us as a Pharmacist Account Manager, you will be a highly personable, motivated, organised individual who thrives on building and maintaining strong, mutually-beneficial relationships. You will need:
- To be a qualified pharmacist, with current GPhC registration
- Previous experience of working as, or with, a practice-based pharmacist; or with/within a Medicines Optimisation team
- Experience of selling and/or delivering services into the NHS
- Previous experience of delivering consultancy-style services at client sites
- Data analysis skills and/or experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent analytical and research capabilities
- IT skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Due to the requirements of this role, you will need a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle and the ability to undertake business travel across the geographical area as required.
Ideally, you will have account management / commercial experience and/or skills, but this is not essential. Experience of using Microsoft Power BI or a similar reporting solution would be beneficial, as would CRM skills and/or experience.
Other organisations may call this role a Service Development Lead, Clinical Account Manager, Clinical Services Account Manager, Regional Account Manager, Registered Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacy Manager, Lead Pharmacist, Pharmacist, Medical Account Manager, or Healthcare Account Manager.
IT & Software
Apprentice Software Engineer
Apprentice Software Engineer
Looking to take your first step into software engineering? Want to earn while you learn and work on innovative solutions that benefit people across the globe on a daily basis? If so, you could be the Apprentice Software Engineer we’re looking for.
FDB (First Databank) is the leading provider of drug knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions.
With four decades of experience, we are helping to transform healthcare systems across the world. For example, our software OptimiseRx has saved the NHS more than £100 million by providing patient-specific prescribing information. This gives healthcare professionals the tools they need to provide the correct treatment in a cost-effective manner.
Our solutions are making a huge difference to patients, healthcare professionals and the industry as a whole by improving patient safety, quality and healthcare outcomes.
We see a world where medication errors are a part of the distant past – you could help us to achieve our vision.
In partnership with the University of Exeter, we are now looking for an Apprentice Software Engineer to join us in September 2020 on a four year apprenticeship and achieve a BSc (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions.
- Salary starting at £13,500 per annum plus bonus (up to 5%)
- All tuition fees paid for the BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions course
- Company lunches and parties
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays with the option to purchase up to 5 more days
- Discount schemes
- Health cashback plan
- Earn your degree whilst gaining valuable industry experience
- The chance to play an active role in taking healthcare products to market
- The opportunity to continue advancing your career with First Databank after you’ve finished your apprenticeship
During this degree apprenticeship, you’ll gain the skills and experience you need to make a positive impact within software development teams. You’ll learn about how our software helps the healthcare journey, the underlying technologies and the workings of our Software Teams across the full development lifecycle.
You’ll receive career support from day one: a designated manager, a mentor and a buddy to answer any questions you may have as you settle into your role and start exploring the world of software engineering.
As an Apprentice Software Engineer, you will learn how First Databank designs, develops and brings software solutions to market.
While you’ll spend the majority of your time in our Exeter office, you’ll be required to attend the University of Exeter on three occasions for up to four days at a time during the academic year. You’ll also spend one day per working week completing university work via an online learning environment.
Here is just some of what your apprenticeship will involve:
- Working in a Developer role to understand customer requirements
- Following Agile methodologies for the design, development and acceptance of software solutions
- Joining meetings with upper management to increase your awareness of the business
- Creating product code and performing code reviews for your team
- Learning about requirements analysis, specification definition, data analysis and project management
To join us as an Apprentice Software Engineer, you’ll need:
- To have achieved (or be predicted to achieve) grades AAB at A-Level (or equivalent: IB 34/665, BTEC:DDD)
- An interest in, and a desire to pursue a career in, software engineering (any previous experience would be great, but this isn’t essential)
- Excellent IT skills
- Great time-management abilities
- A logical and analytical mindset with excellent attention to detail
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- A team player mentality
Other companies may call this role Apprentice Software Engineer, Apprentice Software Developer, Apprentice Developer, Trainee Developer, Trainee Software Engineer, IT Apprentice, or Apprentice.
The closing date for applications is the 30th April 2020. Successful applicants will be invited to take part in an Assessment Centre in Exeter, which will take place on the week commencing the 25th May 2020.
Webrecruit and First Databank are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to help change the world through technology as an Apprentice Software Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 7.5 hours per day on average