IT & Software
FDB (First Databank) is the leading provider of drug knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide and four decades of experience, FDB enables our developer partners to deliver actionable solutions that help improve patient safety, quality, and healthcare outcomes.
Our values drive our work and we have Clear Expectations, work Better Together, are Constantly Curious and put Health at Heart.
We are now looking for a Database Developer to join our team on a full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Healthshield flexible health cash-back scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days' holiday per annum plus statutory holidays
- Flexible options for employees to purchase up to three additional days' holiday
- Permanent health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Charity days
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented database professional with a background working on database orientated commercial projects to advance their career with our global, innovative organisation.
When you join us, you will discover a collaborative work environment where you'll have the chance to contribute new ideas and help drive the development and improvement of our processes.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can contribute your expertise and work with a dedicated team, whilst enjoying a great rewards package, we want to hear from you.
As a Database Developer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our Multilex Software solution for both internal and external deployments.
Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will design, develop and test database applications for our range of business systems. You will perform structured testing which will include design reviews, code walkthroughs and inspections.
You will liaise with both internal and external customers and make note of their requirements in the form of user stories and supporting analysis. You will also undertake maintenance and 'business as usual' activities including the electronic preparation and publication of content, database administration and the resolution of data errors.
Additionally, you will:
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Multilex team at all times
- Participate in agile development and actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes
- Provide resource estimates and progress updates
- Improve the solution and proactively suggest innovative, effort-saving solutions to business problems
To join us as a Database Developer, you will need:
- Evidence of high-level participation in database-oriented commercial projects
- Knowledge of relational database analysis and design
- Experience in performance tuning
- Proficiency in T-SQL development in Microsoft SQL Server from versions 2008R2+
- Proficiency in SSIS development
Ideally, you will be educated to at least degree level with an IT related qualification. Experience of any of the following would also be beneficial: SQL Test, PowerShell, Azure or AWS, C++, C#, Data Warehouse design and execution, SSRS and Agile or Scrum development methodologies.
Other organisations may call this role Database Developer, Relational Database Developer, SQL Developer, MySQL Developer, Database Engineer, MySQL Database Engineer, or Database Programmer.
Webrecruit and First Databank UK Ltd are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Database Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.