IT & Software
Software Developer (Multilex)
FDB (First Databank) is the leading provider of drug knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise decisions. With thousands of customers worldwide and four decades of experience, FDB enables our developer partners to deliver actionable solutions that help improve patient safety, quality, and healthcare outcomes.
Our values drive our work and we have Clear Expectations, work Better Together, are Constantly Curious and put Health at Heart.
We are now looking for a Software Developer to join our team in Exeter on a full-time basis and play a vital role in the development of our Multilex software solution.
- Competitive salary
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Healthshield flexible health cash-back scheme
- Pension scheme
- 25 days' holiday per annum plus statutory holidays
- Flexible options for employees to purchase up to five additional days' holiday
- Permanent health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Charity days
- Flexible working practices (work from home/flexi hours fully negotiable)
This is an amazing opportunity for a Software Developer with a range of great skills and the experience to deliver and yet still admit when you don’t know something to take their next step with our growing company.
We’re at the forefront of the medical data industry and so we need to ensure our software and products remain out in front of the competition, and that’s where you come in.
We’re on an exciting journey and we want you to join us. If you’re the Software Developer we’re looking for then you’ll align with our values and be engaged by our mission. Get involved, apply today.
As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for developing aspects of our Multilex Software solution. Multilex is the UK’s leading drug database and e-prescribing decision support solution and is used by healthcare professionals across the country.
You’ll be delivering high quality, innovative solutions, working openly and collaboratively with a diverse range of technical and subject matter experts.
We work with Agile methodologies for our software solutions and you’ll be collaborating with the Product Owner to understand customer requirements and implementation processes.
Specifically, your role will also involve:
- Performing critical assessments
- Analysing, scoping and defining specifications
- Creating exceptional code
- Reviewing code across the team
- Using established design patterns and best practices
- Learning and researching solutions and sharing your findings
To be considered as a Software Developer, you will need experience of the following:
- Analysis and design
- .NET framework
- SOLID principles
- Test Automation
- Unit Testing, mocking
- Using ORM e.g. Entity Framework
- Agile & Scrum development methodologies
You will also need:
- Strong presentation skills
- Good communication skills both verbal and written, both external and internal
- Evidence of new subjects or skills learnt
- Evidence of knowledge sharing and the desire to teach others
- Seeks to engage and embrace change, being an active element of the change
- Actively seeks out and pursues opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Confident to admit “I don’t know” and strives to fill knowledge gaps
Webrecruit and First Databank UK Ltd are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Software Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.